BMW Car Automation Robotic Assembly Line
Automation Robotics and manufacturing are a natural partnership. Robotics have been a major role in the manufacturing industry. And in the next years, the automated manufacturing solutions should be a key part of any operation that strives for maximum efficiency, safety and competitive advantage in the market. Manufacturing robots automate repetitive tasks, reduce margins of error to negligible rates, and enable human workers to focus on more productive areas of the operation.
Robots used in manufacturing fill numerous roles. Fully autonomous robots in manufacturing are commonly needed for high-volume, repetitive processes – where the speed, accuracy and durability of a robot offers unparalleled advantages. Other manufacturing automation solutions include robots used to help people with more intricate tasks. The robot executes components of the process such as lifting, holding and moving heavy pieces.
Robotic process automation in manufacturing allows companies to remain competitive globally — offering an efficient, viable alternative to offshoring and fulfilling the skills gap in areas where it may be difficult to recruit the necessary employees. Manufacturing robots enable employees to focus on innovation, efficiency and other, more intricate processes that ultimately lay the groundwork for growth and success. With a dedicated manufacturing automation solution in place, you can see increased productivity, improved worker safety and satisfaction, and a better bottom line.
5 Reasons to Use Automation Robotics in Manufacturing
- Robots used in manufacturing create efficiencies all the way from raw material handling to finished product packing.
- Robots can be programmed to operate 24/7 in lights-out situations for continuous production.
- Robotic equipment is highly flexible and can be customized to perform even complex functions.
- With robotics in greater use today than ever, manufacturers increasingly need to embrace automation to stay competitive.
- Automation can be highly cost-effective for nearly every size of company, including small shops.